That’s some of what I thought as I considered the Trayvon
as I heard of all the folks wearing a Hoodie to rep Solidarity. Here in the land of the assumed to be “free”- the home of the not so”brave”. Obviously we are not as free as too many would like to assume and there too many who think its brave to go around taking out women and kids. And it’s not just Sanford or Syria either…and please forgive me for digressing but can someone please answer this…how is it a country can get all outraged over the doings of a mad or crazy man but yet accept the disfiguring of girls who simply want to go to school? Just asking…I mean I would think they would stay pissed…A lot of this indignation I’m seeing around me is hitting me a less than genuine … these things we have been seeing has been happening for a minute so why the outcry now? Where was the fuss way back when…and mathematically speaking…how many isolated incidents make a pattern?
Okay I’m not going to rehash all that you’ve already heard except to add…
If you have to go to the store (for example), remain vigilant. Ask Amadou’s mom about that…
Spring has sprung and its breaking loose all over the place…
Rest in Peace Trayvon and my deepest to the family.
It’s a damn shame we can’t even get skittles without some crap jumping off. That goes for a Three Muskateers bar too..Right Queen, NY?
And what the hell is going on in San Diego? Some schizoparanoidignorantass murdered an Iraqi woman and left a note calling her a “terrorist”? WTF man?!? Really? People need to watch what they say because as Gabby’s experience has shown, there are those who have less than shit for brains running around loose.
Makes me wanna holla…
And I can relate to the scenario (on foot and behind the wheel)…
The only refuge sometimes is music and I’ve been digging through a lot lately.
Take a listen and see what I put together to soothe your moods the right way…
The latest set features a 10 minute House’d version of Parliament/Funkadelc doing “Mothership Connection” titled “Mothership Reconnection” and it is very, very tasty. Also you will notice a similar the bass line sounding like Chic’s “I Want Your Love” on another track (“Selected Works” by Uncle Sam) with nice ivory work mixed in… And yet another version of MFSB’s “Love Is The Message” A very smooth Kim English cut (“I Know A Place”), Terisa Griffin’s “Yes”, Sick feat. K8 doing “What A Gig” and a number of other new cuts I’ve been able to track down…
So be aware, keep dealing and don’t let them change your tune.
- Trayvon Martin’s father thanks Heat, athletes(espn.go.com)
- Don’t be hoodwinked by Geraldo(eldhughes.wordpress.com)
- Iraqi Immigrant Beaten to Death in California (crooksandliars.com)
- National Hoodie Day (jenx67.com)
- NY Church Members Wear Hoodies In Memory Of Trayvon Martin (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Diddy & More, Wear Hoodies For Trayvon Martin [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Zimmerman Called Trayvon ‘Term of Endearment’: Pal (newser.com)
- Celebrities, Athletes and Thousands More Wear Hoodies in Support of Trayvon Martin (dreblacksofresh.com)
- Guess Who Wears Hoodies? Geraldo Rivera (newser.com)
- Why I Will Not Wear a Hoodie (oneblackman.wordpress.com)
- Bay Area Churches Hold ‘Hoodie’ Event For Florida Murder Victim (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Skittles, Iced Teas and Hoodies? NO! That’s Not Enough. (thesnobbycollegegrad.com)