(That’s what I said when the news got to me …)
Ohhh Vesta not you too…
Seems like everyday signs of our mortality being shown to us along our travels.
Vesta Williams showed us how beautiful sound could be.
Vesta caught my attention with “Don’t You Blow A Good Thing”. My reaction was “Who Dat!?!?”
I was told it was Chaka. I knew right away that wasn’t right. This new voice had a different kind of fullness. As though this sound was coming from an even deeper place. Then there was that bass line. So vicious. Next I fell on “Once Bitten” and I was hooked. The woman can “SANG!” (I meant to type that by the way editor)
Now this. Damn. Well, naturally WBPM NetRADIO joins in the chorus of condolences to everyone fortunate to have been touched by this amazing woman.
We lost another treasure.
Be sure you take care of yours.
If you’ve never heard the power of this woman’s voice, tune into the station. There is a new set up and her cuts are in there.
The entire new set is 3 hours or so long and includes some of the usual sonic goodness. Check it out and be sure to check out the Vesta Williams tracks that I made a point of including this weekend.
All the best to you and the family and friends of the amazing Vesta Williams…
- Vesta Williams dead: US R&B singer dies aged 53 (mirror.co.uk)
- Vesta Williams Dies; Accident or Suicide Suspected (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Vesta Williams: ’80s R&B diva found dead in a hotel room at 53 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- R&B singer Vesta Williams found dead at age 53 (pbpulse.com)
- Charles Karel Bouley: A Diva Is Gone: Vesta, You’ll Be Missed (huffingtonpost.com)
© 2011, WBPM NetRADIO.com. 2004 – 2019 All rights reserved. Duplication without permission is not permitted.